We are pleased to announce the release of PyKaraoke v0.7.1.
PyKaraoke is a cross-platform karaoke player written using Python, utilising the pygame library. It supports the CDG (MP3+G, OGG+G, WAV+G), MIDI (.KAR, .MID) and MPEG formats.
Highlights of changes for this release:
- Many new features useful for pro hosting with PyKaraoke.
- You can now associate performer names with songs in the playlist.
- Add Kamikaze button to add a random song to the playlist.
- Various new playlist features.
- Time progress indicator during song playback.
- Add support for pulling artist/title data from song filenames.
- Add option to display karaoke window without a frame.
- Many new configuration options and other GUI improvements.
One thought on “PyKaraoke 0.7.1 Released”
Sounds good! I’ll have to check it out when I get home. I service a customer’s karaoke computers and he has been looking to get away from winamp and use something dedicated. I’m a big fan of Linux and opensource goodness so we’ll see if this is something he can use.